An education fund has been founded by Nordic Light Region #32 to support individuals and groups who want to contribute to the development of barbershop in the region. Members of Nordic Light Region can apply for means from this fund.
Do you want to contribute to the fund? Please deposit optional amount at bankgirokonto 5276-0865, and mark the transfer "NLR utbildningsfond". The fund will be reported separately in NLR’s accounts and allowance from the fund is decided upon by the current regional management team (RMT). In the event that an applicant has chorus or family affiliation with a member of RMT, that RMT member should not participate in the decision.
Who can apply?
Members of Nordic Light Region #32 can apply for grants from this education fund.
Guidelines for grants
• To support projects and initiatives for strengthening the skills within our region regarding barbershop and other areas that endorse the barbershop craft
• To promote barbershop education in the Nordic countries
Conditions for grants
• The application must specify the applicant's background in music in general and in the barbershop genre, in addition to personal data and the intended use of the scholarship.
• Application shall relate to the cost coverage for an educational program barbershop activity. In retrospect, the receipts should be presented. A written statement for publication to the region's members, e.g., through the website, is desirable.
• The applicant shall at the time of application have been a member of Sweet Adelines International NLR # 32 for at least one year.
• The grants are approved for an amount determined by the current Regional Management Team. More than one grant can be appointed at the time.
• Grantee should be resident in one of the Nordic countries.
• Grants can be applied for during the period 30/6-1/6 each calendar year. The application must be sent to RMT by 1/6. Team Coordinator (TC) in RMT has the responsibility for actions regarding applications.
• Grantee who does not carry out the activity applied for or comparable activity becomes liable to pay back the scholarship.
RMT makes decisions and announces decision on grants during the month of June, no later than 30/6. The applicant will be notified via mail whether scholarship has been approved or not.
Application for funds
Background of the project. Describe current activities.
Purpose of the project. Describe the purpose of the application/project, and the reason for the project's formation.
Goals of the project. Please describe specifically what actions, activities, etc. that are planned, as well as the resources required for these and provide clear objectives, targets, etc.
Timeline of the project. State the project's timeline and attach it to the economic plan.
Project economy. Enter an economic reprocessing plan that is linked to the above timeline including any other financiers, participation fees, etc.
Applicants. State the name, member number, chorus membership, musical background, and account for any payment
Profits for the organization. Justify the manner in which the educational effort reinforces skills in our region and exposure of Nordic Light Region # 32, in connection with the project.
The Filing Time. Signed application is due no later than 1/6